Monument Pharmacy has been compounding pharmaceuticals for horses since we opened our doors in 1995. For companion, therapy, breeding, performance, and work horses, our highly trained pharmacists stand ready to assist veterinarians by closing medication adherence gaps by customized prescription order.
Proper equine medication management has gotten a lot of attention lately. The U.S. Equestrian Federation, for instance, recently grappled with drug and supplement concerns in competition horses and issued a series of recommendations. Quoted from a recent article:
- “Making it a rule that most permitted medications (some of which also could have a calming effect) cannot be injected less than 12 hours before a class. Drug tests can reveal through metabolites whether a permitted substance was administered in under 12 hours.”
- “Educating owners, trainers and veterinarians about USEF drug rules, and eventually requiring trainers and veterinarians to take an open book test on the subject”
- “Offering a log book, perhaps through the USEF website or an app, in which all the medications and supplements given to a horse are recorded. While keeping it will be voluntary at first, it could become mandatory.”
- “Possibly closing down stables at showgrounds late at night to prevent horses being longed or walked in the wee hours to tire them out so they will be quiet in competition.”
- “Making necropsies (paid for by USEF) mandatory on horses who have died at competitions for reasons that are not obvious. This already is done in eventing and endurance.”
Facing an equine dosing dilemma? We might be able to help! Colorado-resident Monument Pharmacy adheres to all applicable state and federal compounding regulations while serving 20 states with free 1st-class shipping by Rx. Plus, we will beat others’ compound prices by 10%. Just let us know what you are paying elsewhere. Are you in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming? Please review our list of frequently requested equine compounds and contact us at 1-800-595-7565 if we can be of service.